Hill Wooldridge & Company was founded in 1928 by J M Hill and W E Wooldridge with the merger of their two sole practices. With them Mr Hill brought his articled clerk J C Heath and Mr Wooldridge his articled clerk and younger brother Norman Wooldridge.
Originally the offices were situated in the city until another was established in Harrow during the mid-thirties.
The city office was closed in the early 1960s with the work being transferred to the existing Harrow office and a new one in Brentwood, Essex.
Continuity from its foundation to the present time has been maintained by one of the present partners John Soughton, being appointed a partner in March 1963 on the day that W Wooldridge, the founding partner, retired.
Apart from the founding and the present partners, there have only been four other partners in what will shortly be a 90 year history.